CREDIT: This recipe was adapted from "This Old Gal"(https://thisoldgal.com). Please refer to https://thisoldgal.com/perfect-pressure-cooker-cheesecake-tips/ for her cheesecake tips to make a perfect cheesecake in your pressure cooker !
ORANGE CHEESECAKE RECIPE :
5 ginger cookies (ginger snaps)
3 tablespoon melted butter
16 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
¼ cup heavy cream
zest of 1 orange
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs at room temperature
1 egg yolk at room temperature
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3rd cup sugar
- Coat the ekovana pan with non-stick olive oil spray
- Crush the cookies in a food processor, transfer to ekovana cake pan and level it with the bottom of a cup compressing it to the bottom and sidewalls to form a crust.
- Freeze the crust for at least 20 mins. Prepare the filling meanwhile.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, all-purpose flour, heavy cream, orange zest, vanilla extract as mentioned in the ingredients list and mix together.
- Now add 1 egg and mix for a few seconds.
- Add the second egg and mix again.
- Finally add the egg yolk and mix one more time.
- The filling is ready to pour on top of the crust.
- Remove the ekovana cake pan with crust from the freezer.
- Gently pour the filling over crust.
- Tap the ekovana pan gently on the counter to ensure there aren’t any air bubbles and the filling is level.
- Add 1 cups water to the pressure cooker main pot (insert). Place the trivet
- Lower the cake pan using the convenient handle and place it on the trivet and close the pressure cooker lid.
- Cook on manual/ high for 28 mins with vent in sealing position and allow the pressure to release naturally (NPR).
- Open the pressure cooker. Remove the cake pan using the handle. The cake should be soft in the middle. Dab off any water droplets gently with a paper towel.
- Close the cake pan with a plate and refrigerate the cake in their pans for at least 4 hours (or even overnight)
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator.
- Notice the sides of the cake, leave the cake pan wall when the cake is cooled.
- Gently place the cake pan on top of a sturdy jar and push the side of the pan downwards.
- The bottom disc with the cheesecake stays on top of the jar for you to move conveniently.
- Garnish the cake with toppings of your choice.
- For orange topping- in a saucepan mix 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1/3rd cup sugar and simmer for few minutes until it slightly thickens. Allow it to cool down.
- Spread the thickened toping uniformly on top of the cheesecake and garnish with orange slices. Enjoy !