BUTTER CHICKEN AND CUMIN RICE RECIPE:
For Marinating Chicken:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder (adjust to taste)
2 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
½ cup yoghurt
½ tsp garam masala powder
1 pound boneless chicken thigh fillet
3 large tomatoes cut to cubes
1/3rd cup cashews
1 cup chopped onions
½ cup boiling water
½ tsp salt
1tsp Kashmiri red chili powder (adjust to taste)
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp butter
½ tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
1/3rd cup heavy cream
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tbsp oil to fry the marinated chicken
1-2 tbsp honey
For Cumin Rice
1.5 cups jasmine rice washed
3 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1.5 tsp cumin seeds
- Cut the 1 pound boneless chicken thigh fillet to 1 inch pieces
- In a mixing bowl add the ingredients for marinating chicken and mix well. Add the chicken pieces and mix to coat well with marinating mixture
- Seal the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for 10-15 mins. Meanwhile prepare the sauce
- In a sauce pan boil ½ cup water and add 3 chopped tomatoes, 1/3rd cup cashews, 1 cup chopped onions and cook until soft. Let the cooked mixture cool down and blend it to a smooth sauce
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wide skillet and sear the marinated chicken pieces for 2 mins. Add all the remaining sauce left over from marinating the chicken so the spices cook too.Turn the chicken pieces to cook the second side for another min.
- Transfer the smooth blended sauce to the ekovana pan and add the seared chicken along with the spices stuck to the skillet.
- Add salt, Kashmiri red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, butter, dried fenugreek leaves, heavy cream and coriander powder as mentioned in the “For sauce” section of the ingredients list.Mix the contents.
- Take 1.5 cups washed jasmine rice in the ekovana pan. Add 3 cups water Add ½ tsp salt and 1-1.5 tsp cumin seeds
- Stack the ekovana pans with chicken on top and rice on the bottom.
- Add 1.5 cups of water to the pressure cooker insert.
- Lower the stacked ekovana pans and close lid.Close vent to sealing position.
- Set it to manual/ High for 15 mins and allow Natural Pressure Release (NPR)
- Once the pressure fully released remove the ekovana pans. Mix the butter chicken gently. And mix in 1-2 tbsp of honey (adjust to your preference)
- Garnish with chopped cilantro leave and drizzle a few drops of heavy cream.Fluff the cumin rice with a fork.
Enjoy the creamy flavorful butter chicken with aromatic cumin rice!