HUMMUS 2 WAYS RECIPE:
4 cups Garbanzo beans (soaked in water overnight)
2 cups water
1 beet peeled and cubed
1/4th cup water (to cook beet)
6 cloves garlic
2/3rd cup EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2/3rd cup tahini paste
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup lemon juice
extra olive oil for topping
herbs chopped (mint/ parsley) for topping
- Take 4 cups garbanzo beans (soaked overnight) in an ekovana pan. Add 2 cups water
- To the other ekovana pan add one beet (peeled and cubed) and ¼ cup water
- Stack the ekovana pans with the garbanzo beans on the bottom and beets on the top.
- Place the lid, lock the handles.
- To the pressure cooker main pot add 1.5 cups water, lower the stacked pans and close the pressure cooker.
- Set to Manual/ High for 15 mins with vent in sealing position. Allow NPR
- Remove stacked pans. The Garbanzo beans and the cubed beets are perfectly cooked. Save the water from the cooked garbanzo beans (aquafaba) as it can be used for blending our hummus
- In a blender jar take half of the cooked garbanzo beans, add 3 cloves of garlic, 1/3rd cup EVOO, 1/3rd cup tahini paste, ½ tsp salt, ¼ cup lemon juice and blend together until smooth. Add the aquafaba if needed.
- Transfer the creamy hummus to a bowl. Make a circular well in top with a spoon and pour some EVOO to prevent it from drying up.
- To the same blender add the rest of the garbanzo beans, 3 cloves garlic, 1/3rd cup EVOO, 1/3rd cup tahini paste, ½ tsp salt, ¼ cup lemon juice and cooked beets and blend together until smooth. Add the aquafaba if needed.
- Beets hummus is ready to be transferred to the serving bowl. Make a circular well with a spoon and top it off with EVOO. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
- Hummus 2 ways is ready in one shot !!
Try different variations by tweaking the ingredients -you may use roasted bell peppers, pine nuts, roasted garlic etc.