Check out the recipe video on our facebook page:
LEMON BUTTER CHICKEN AND JASMINE PILAF RICE RECIPE:
For Lemon Butter Chicken
2 Chicken breasts
1 tsp - Salt
1 tsp - pepper
2 tbsp - Butter
2 tbsp - all purpose flour or (potato starch if gluten free)
3 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp - chopped Parsley
1 tbsp capers (optional)
2 tbsp chicken broth
For Jasmine Rice Pilaf
2 cups Jasmin rice (washed until water runs clear)
4 cups water
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp chopped parsley
Veggies of your choice to steam (Optional)
- Take 2 cups of washed jasmine rice in one of the ekovana pans. Add 4 cups water and bay leaves to the rice.
- Heat butter in a small stove top pan and add turmeric and cumin powder sauté for 2 seconds. Pour butter over the jasmine rice and add salt.
- Season the chicken breast pieces on both sides and coat with all purpose flour (or potato starch).
- Heat up 2 tbsp butter in a pan and add the minced garlic and sauté until soft( don’t let it brown).
- Quickly place the coated chicken breasts on the pan and sear both sides for few second to form a crust. The chicken need not cook fully.
- Transfer the seared chicken breasts to the other evokana pan and add veggies of your choice to steam (optional).Stack this ekovana pan on top of the pan with rice. Place lid on top and enclose with easy-lift interlocking handle.
- Add 1 cup water to pressure cookers main pot/ insert. Place the stacked pans into the main pot directly. There is no need for a trivet.
- Close the pressure cooker and set it to Manual High for 7 minutes and allow natural pressure release(NPR).
- De-glaze the pan in which the chicken was seared with 2 tbsp of chicken broth and 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- After sauce slightly thickens, pour it over cooked chicken and garnish with capers and chopped parsley. Serve chicken with pilaf and steamed veggies, enjoy !