STEAMED ARTICHOKES using ekovana STACKABLE PANS:
2 whole artichokes
1 cup water
- Prepare the artichokes. Remove the outermost small petals. Trim the tips of all the petals to remove thorns. Chop the top 1/3rd of the flower and trim the stem leaving 1/4th
- Gently expand the petals to expose the inner layers.
- Take 1 cup water in an ekovana pan.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the water and add the peal as well. to the bottom of a cup compressing it to the bottom and sidewalls to form a crust.
- Place the prepared artichokes sideways
- Place the pan on the easy lift handles and lock.
- Add 1.5 cups water to the pressure cooker insert.
- Insert the pan into the pressure cooker liner.
- Close the lid with vent in sealing position.
- Cook on manual/ high for 20 mins, allow NPR (Natural Pressure Release)
- Open the pressure cooker and remove the pan using easy lift handle.
- The artichokes are perfectly steamed and the petal easily detach.
- Serve warm with melted butter or aioli. Enjoy!!